- Marappachi dolls also known as Marappachi Bommai, are traditional Dolls made specifically of Red Sandalwood or Silk Cotton-Wood or Red Wood.
- They are displayed during the Golu Festival in South India as part of Dassara or Navaratri Celebrations.
- Tirupati is one of the locations it is specially ornamentally Carved, and the dolls are stated to represent Venkateshwara and his Consort.
- They are also made in Kondapalli as Raja Rani Dolls which are a Compulsory Display during the Golu Festival.
- These Dolls made in pairs generally of Male and Female.
- Marappachi Dolls are a hereditary gifts from Mother to Daughter when the latter starts her Bommai Kolu arrangements.
- The significance of this particular gift made of Marappachi Doll in Red Sandalwood is stated to be the Medicinal quality of the Wood.
- When a child licks this plaything made of Red Sandalwood, the Child Saliva derives an extract of the Wood which the child absorbs into its system.
Children Playing Wooden Marappachi Bomma
HEIGHT : 19 cm (each),
BREADTH : 8.7 cm (each),
|Dimensions||25 × 11 × 13 cm|
19 in stock
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
atozeshop.com is committed to deliver your order with good quality packaging within given time frame. We ship throughout the week, except Sunday & Public holidays. To ensure that your order reaches you in good condition, in the shortest span of time, we ship through our Third Party Tie-up agency.
Our prices are all inclusive. All taxes are included with the list prices except Octroi, if applicable in your region.
Orders are dispatched within 2 working days or as per the delivery date specified by you at the time of placing the order. Most orders are delivered within 6 to 7 working days. Delivery of all orders will be duly done to the address as mentioned by you at the time of placing the order.