Some interesting facts about Longpi pottery are:
- Longpi tea pots can be used for direct cooking over gas stoves or firewood, and are microwave-safe as well.
- Contents of the tea pot and cups continue to stay heated for a long time, ensuring that the tea or coffee continues to remain hot. This is because of the stone content in the material used.
- It’s non-toxic, inert and non-reactive. Be assured, when used the right way, the contents will be evenly heated and retain most of its nutrients as compared to steel or metallic alloy tea pots.
- Black color is naturally obtained during the manufacturing process, no paints or chemical are used for the same.
- As these products are handcrafted, each product is unique. No two products will be the same. Actual product may vary from the picture displayed.
- Manipur Pottery / Black Pottery products with cane work/decorations are not microwaveable.